Over the past six months, I have been running popular Yoga for Men classes in Bristol. Coupled with my support for worthy causes through my Yoga for Charity classes last year, I have always enjoyed the opportunity to raise awareness for specific charities.
At my Yoga for Men classes next week, I am proud to be supporting Prostate Cancer UK.
On Monday, 11th March (7 – 8pm), my regular Yoga for Men class will be at Keynsham Baptist Church, Keynsham, Bristol (next door to Grounded). This is a ‘drop-in’ class. So, just attend if you are available. All equipment provided. £8 per class. 50% to charity.
On Wednesday, 13th March (12.10 – 12.55pm), I will be ending my winter series of lunchtime Yoga for Men classes at Yoga Loft, South Bristol Osteopaths, central Bristol. All equipment provided. Donations with all proceeds to charity. Please get in touch to book.
Why am I supporting Prostate Cancer UK?
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer for men.
- Around 1 in 8 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- Over 47,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year (129 men / day).
- Every 45 minutes 1 man dies from prostate cancer – more than 11,000 every year.
- Over 400,000 men are living with and after having prostate cancer.
Who is most at risk of being diagnosed with prostate cancer?
- Prostate cancer mainly affects men over 50, and the risk increases as you get older.
- If there is a family history of prostate cancer or breast cancer.
- Black men, with 1 in 4 at risk.
Where can I find more information?